Califa is a membership-driven organization. Based upon the priorities of member-libraries, the following services and benefits have been established.
Books and Reference Materials
- Califa has developed a contract with Brodart for significant discounts on reference books and other library materials
- Califa saves member libraries thousands of dollars each year in registration discounts for staff attending the Internet Librarian Conference.
- Califa, in partnership with Contra Costa County Library, created the Enki ebook platform, a consortium-owned ebook platform with content purchased directly from publishers. Learn more about it here.
- A shared Safari Tech Books collection of all the current titles from O'Reilly and other major technology publishers.
- Discounted pricing on other ebook products from EBSCO, Books 24x7, and others is available
- Califa has a growing list of master contracts with vendors for discounted databases, including Gale, EBSCO, ProQuest, HW Wilson, Learning Express, and many others.
- As part of its member package, Califa offers the Charleston Advisor, one of the premier sources for database reviews for libraries.
- As part of the process of vetting potential vendors, we form Product Review teams to formally review new products. These reviews are published, and available to all members.
- Califa also manages several electronic listservs that members may utilize to share experiences with products and services.
Fundraising and Financial Services
- Califa will provide financial services for members including escrow accounts and centralized ordering.
- Califa is a partner with the California State Library in many of their projects including the 2012 Google Chromebooks project, Zipbooks, and Books4U, among others.
Supplies, Products and Equipment
- Califa provides discounts with selected vendors, including 3M/Checkpoint (security systems, tags and RFID).
- Library supplies and equipment are also available through the Califa contract with Gaylord, BroDart and The Library Store.
- Califa members may take advantage of an aggregated order for AWE Early Literacy Stations.
- $500 -- 100 or more FTE staff
- $400 -- 16 to 99 FTE staff
- $300 -- 6 to 15 FTE staff
- $200 -- 2 to 5 FTE staff
- $100 -- Small Library with 1 or fewer FTE staff
- $150 -- Library Consortium/Network/System/Organization Headquarters