BookBrowse - winner of Gold in the 2015 Modern Library Awards - is an affordable, reader-focused, and user-friendly readers' advisory resource and online magazine suited for librarians and patrons alike. Unlike the many databases that attempt to list all books regardless of quality, BookBrowse carefully sifts through thousands of books - saving librarians and patrons valuable time - and recommends only the best.
Exceptional books don't just entertain, they also engage and enlighten; they wrap us in their world and make us step outside of ourselves. BookBrowse seeks out these books across a range of genres, both fiction and nonfiction, and links each book page to the corresponding book in the library's OPAC for one-click searching.
Although BookBrowse does not target book club members exclusively, our featured books - coupled with our extensive reading group resources - makes it a particularly valuable destination for book club members.
Full information, including pricing, available at http://www.bookbrowse.com/lib.
Califa libraries get 10% discount on the quoted price.
BookBrowse for Libraries Includes:
- Original, in-depth reviews of the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction.
- "Beyond the Book" articles that explore historical, cultural and contextual aspects of each featured book. These are particularly valued by book clubs and those who read to learn new things.
- Read-alikes - created by hand, not computer algorithm - for thousands of authors and books based on the book's story, character, setting and language. Linked book to book and author to author.
- The ability to search and cross reference by multiple categories such as genre, time period, geographical setting and a wide range of themes, e.g. setting + time period + theme.
- Previews of the top 80+ books publishing each month, including reviews from numerous pre-pub sources - all in one spot. Each review is abbreviated to the reviewer's salient opinion thus avoiding plot spoilers and repetition.
- The BookBrowse Review: BookBrowse's online magazine highlighting all the latest content (with opt-in email notifications). Publishes twice monthly.
- Substantial excerpts of each featured book so that patrons can browse for themselves and decide which are right for them.
- Extensive book club resources including featured recommendations (searchable by genre, time period, setting and theme), reading guides, interviews with a wide variety of book clubs and advice on starting and running a book club.
- Author interviews, biographies and a pronunciation guide for difficult author names.
- On-site and remote access.
- Branding and customization for your library, including one-click links from each book to your library's OPAC. Search is by title and author so displays all available formats.
- An early-preview edition for librarians of all books that BookBrowse will cover in the following month - available online or as a downloadable spreadsheet including pub date, genre, ISBN, publisher and page count, with a link to the full data on BookBrowse. Useful for collection development and for librarians wanting an "at a glance" guide to notable books publishing soon.
- Free support for both librarians and patrons.
- ...and much more!