Member Services & Outreach Manager
Apply! Submit resume and letter of interest to Paula MacKinnon at email@example.com.
- Hours: 40 hours, Monday-Friday. Telecommute 1 day per week optional. Some travel required.
- Work Location: 330 Townsend St., Suite 133, San Francisco, CA (across the street from CalTrain!)
- Salary Range: $65,561 - $87,859/yr.
Come work with Califa!
Califa is looking for a library professional with all of the energy, enthusiasm and companion superpowers to step into the role of Member Services & Outreach Manager. From our new homebase in San Francisco, you will be the primary contact and communicator with vendors and member libraries, and a driving force in helping get the innovative products and services that fit, cost-effectively, into California libraries. You’ll also be part of the Infopeople team, helping to market and support Infopeople courses and webinars.
This is a great opportunity for the motivated, experienced, self-starter looking for a chance to exercise your considerable skills to help libraries innovate on a statewide level. You’ll be joining a small, but mighty team. Come help us move mountains!
You like to:
• Investigate and evaluate new products and negotiate new product offers
• Manage product purchasing and renewals with vendors and members
• Track member interest in trials and coordinate group purchases
• Liaise with the Product Advisory Team to identify new products for consideration.
• Market Califa & Infopeople services online
• Provide support for online services including enki, SimplyE and Infopeople courses/webinars
• Maintain vendor and member contact information, contracts and purchase information online via our new Consortia Manager platform
• Travel to conferences to meet with vendors and present on behalf of Califa
• Assist with planning Califa events such as the Vendor Fair
• Coordinate and provide product trainings onsite and online
• Participate in new product development and participate in grant project administration, as assigned
You're good at:
• Project Management: you can manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines!
• Customer service: you like helping people!
• Communication: you like talking to people!
• Writing! You can write!
• Training. You can show the people!
• Spreadsheets and calendars and other office tools!
Your Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3 years’ experience in a library, consortium or related organization preferred. Master’s in library and information science from an ALA accredited school also preferred.
• Experience with electronic information resources in a library setting or private industry.
• Participation in regional, state and national professional associations.
Califa Group (califa.org) is a 501c3 nonprofit library membership consortium of more than 230 libraries and is the largest library network in California. Founded in 2004, Califa brokers and facilitates the procurement of library products; works closely with the California State Library in administering statewide projects supported by federal Library Services and Technology Act funds; offers innovative eBook services to libraries including the enki Library eBook platform and the SimplyE multi-platform eReader; and offers library staff Continuing Education and Professional Development training through the Infopeople (infopeople.org) project.